It is likely that the roads and public transport system will be busier than when students returned in March, given other businesses have reopened.
The following messages show how families and pupils can travel to and from school safely:
- if you live a short distance from your school or college, walk, cycle or scoot to and from school wherever it is possible and safe to do so
- avoid sharing a car with anyone outside of your household or support bubble
- if you are using public transport to get to school or college, plan ahead and allow more time for your journey
- when you are travelling by public or dedicated school transport, don’t forget to:
- wear a face covering (unless you are exempt – including if you are aged 11 and under). It is important you wear them for the entirety of your journey, including inside a bus or train station
- social distance where possible
- wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- be considerate to fellow passengers and staff.
Further information can be found in our guidance on transport to school and other places of education.