Careers, IAG & Post 16
Welcome to the Careers, IAG and Post 16 page of our website.
Our Careers Leader is Mrs E Rehbein, who is based at Bridge learning Campus. Emma can be contacted by using the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0117 3534472 Ext 2061
Emma has the Career Leader Qualification, has an IAG level 6 qualification and has
achieved all 8 Gatsby benchmarks here at Bridge Learning Campus.
The Careers team have a dedicated Careers office, with many resources. We are available Monday - Thursday 9.00 - 3.00pm and Friday 9.00 - 2.00pm.
We are really pleased to announce our new Bridge Learning Campus Careers Zone, which can be accessed by clicking here.
The key features are simple to use and will allow our students to
- Take a career related assessment
- Browse courses and careers
- Create and build their CV
- See local Labour market information ( LMI)
The Skills Health Check is a set of quizzes and activities designed to help you explore your skills, interests and motivations. Please click here to start. Working through the Skills Health Check can help you decide what kind of jobs might be right for you. You’ll be able to download your report once you’ve completed at least one assessment.
For Bristol's Post 16 Directory 2022 please click here
And for the Bristol Post 16 Website please click here whereby you can see the range of Post 16 pathways and opportunities and events occurring across the City.
Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance Policy and Programme
Provider Access Statement 2021/2022
GATSBY Benchmarks & Baker Clause
Careers & Progression
Online resources for people of all ages. Help with career pathways, course options and lots more.
http://www.careerpilot.org.uk/ (A great online resource for people of all ages. It can help with career pathways, course options and lots more)
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles (For careers that need a degree or similar qualification, follow this link for more information on job roles, the qualifications required and how much you can earn)
https://www.nextleveltraining.uk.com/ (Business Development Group of Reflections Training Academy who are leading training providers in apprenticeships, traineeships and corporate training.
www.apprenticeships.gov.uk (Information on Apprenticeships, what they involve and how you can find one)
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/planner (Upper School Students? try this career quiz)
Post 16 Opportunities
Post 16 - Open Days/Events
Book places online
City of Bristol College
- All Centres Tuesday 30 November 2021, 3.30 - 7.30pm
- College Green Centre A Levels, Tuesday 19 October 2021 5.00 - 7.00pm, Wednesday 10 November 3.00 - 4.00 or 4.00 - 5.00pm, Wednesday 24 November 3.00 - 4.00 or 4.00 - 5.00pm, and Wednesday 8 December 2021 3.00 - 4.00 or 4.00 - 5.00pm
- Parkway Centre (Motor Vehicle & Engineering) Wednesday 3 November 3.00pm, Wednesday 17 November, Wednesday 1 December and Wednesday 15 December 2021 (Bookings open 15 October)
- Ashley Down Centre Wednesday 3 November 2021 3.00pm & 4.00pm, Wednesday 17 November, Wednesday 1 December and Wednesday 15 December 2021 4.00pm (Bookings open 15 October)
- South Bristol Skills Academy/Advanced Construction Skills Centre Wednesday 10 November, Wednesday 24 November and Wednesday 8 December 2021 (Booking open 15 October)
St Brendan’s Sixth Form Centre
- Wednesday 17 November 2021 5.00pm
- All subjects, Saturday 27 November 2021 10.00 - 1.00pm
Ashton Sixth Form College
- Year 11 Taster Day - Saturday 20 November 2021 9.30 - 1.30pm Virtual open evening information by visiting
Virtual Open Evening information by visiting https://nextlevel.asfc.ac.uk
(Book on line https://bit.ly/asfc-tasterday)
- Engine Shed (Creative/Digital & Photography) Tuesday 19 October 2021 6.30pm, Tuesday 14 December 2021 6.30pm
- Engine Shed (Games & VR) Thursday 21 October 2021 6.30pm, Thursday 16 December 2021 6.30pm)
- Ashton Gate (Sports & Media Production) Wednesday 17 November 2021 7.00pm
- The BottleYard (Film&Television) Monday18 October 2021 6:30pm, Wednesday 1 December 2021 6.30pm
- Rise Youth Dance, Filton, (Dance) Wednesday 27 October 2021 11.00am Taster Day, Tuesday 16 November 2021 5.00pm Open Day
- Bristol School of Acting Tuesday 16 November 2021 4.00 - 8.00pm, Thursday 2 December 2021 4.00 - 8.00pm
Access Creative College
- Monday 25 October 2021 4.00 - 6.00pm (All campuses)
Bristol Robins Foundation
- Sign up online for open evening information
On Site Bristol
- The Create Centre, Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN Tuesday 30 November 2021 5.00 - 7.30pm Book through the On Site Bristol website www.onsitebristol.co.uk/openevening
Bristol Cathedral Choir School
- Wednesday 10 November 2021 Booking is necessary to secure a place Closing date for applications is Wednesday 5 January 2022 by midday
St Mary Redcliffe Sixth form
- Open evenings are virtual and can be accessed through the website https://www.smrt.bristol.sch.uk/index.php/applying-to-us Application deadline is Wednesday 1 December 2021 at midday
Bristol Grammar School
- Whole school open morning Thursday 4 |November 2021 10.00 - 12.00pm If date isn’t convenient the admissions team can help to arrange a more suitable time for you to attend
- Tuesday 9 November 2021 Advanced booking is necessary Book online at https://www.weston.ac.uk/event/november-open-evening-school-leavers
Our Post 16 students have been contacted regarding their chosen destinations and students know they are welcome to book an appointment with the Careers Leader, Emma, should any further support be needed.
Apprenticeships & Traineeships
Babington - https://www.babington.co.uk
BEMA - https://www.bema.co.uk
Focus Training Group - https://www.recruit-apprentice.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipapplication
GK Apprenticeships -
North Bristol NHS Trust - http://www.nbt.nhs.uk/careers/career-options/apprenticeships
On Site Bristol https://www.onsitebristol.co.uk
Paragon Skills - https://www.paragonskills.co.uk
A Guide for Parents and Carers
Careers Activities and Events
We are proud to say that in previous years all of our Year 10 students have enjoyed the opportunity of spending a week on work experience
Work Experience 2021
Unfortunately due to Covid 19 restrictions, planning for work experience 2021 is on hold, however this will remain under review
Take a look at the photos below of previous years work experience;
Year 11 Activities Week 2021
During week 7 - 11 June, our Year 11 students enjoyed a fun, interactive week before they left BLC for pastures new, with organisations running various activities.
Students spent time with the Navy, Boomsatsuma, Access Creative, Knowle West Media and others, their week ending with a final assembly, shirt signing and collecting their Year book
Knowle West Media Centre
We are so excited to welcome back young people for our October 2021 Half term programme on
Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th October 2021.
Try your hands at photography and film. From mobile to the studio to the streets, learn the basics of taking and editing photos and film!
Ages: 10-16 | FREE
27th and 28th October | 10am-3pm
To register your interest in attending our Half term activity, please fill out the form below.
If you have any problems with this form, please email email@example.com or call Mike on 07519 448266 or 0117 903 0444.
General careers advice / Guidance:
For Labour Market
For Apprenticeship Information
For 6th Forms / Colleges
*Please note the above list is useful contacts and not exhaustive. More information can be found on the Careers Board in the Secondary campus.